Friday, October 16, 2009

The Pattern Breaks

The nightmare test is still good. If you haven't heard what my nightmare test is, it's simply that I have nightmares when I'm pregnant, and only when I'm pregnant.

When I'm pregnant with a girl, it's a nightmare where I'm being attacked and am totally vulnerable. When it's a boy, I am very aggressively defending myself against attackers-you know, like killing people. Yes, they are fun dreams, let me tell you.

So, very very early on, I had this nightmare where it was kind of questionable what the gender was, but I thought it was a girly nightmare. But, then I had two very obvious boy nightmares.
(The last one of me single-handedly wrenching a gun from a school-shooting maniac-I'M A HERO!)

But I was kind of in denial because history shows it should be a girl, right?

So, our perfect GirlBoyGirlBoy pattern will be broken by the arrival of our next munchkin.

Yes, it's a boy. And he was very obvious about it and was even pointing at his gender with his right hand. I'd post the picture, but somehow that didn't seem like the thing to do.?

I have to admit, I am a little befuddled. I was totally into the alternating baby clothes thing, and to think that I'll be pulling out the baby BOY clothes a mere 22 months after using them for the last baby just kind of blows my groove.

But, he's healthy and we are of course, thrilled. And as my husband pointed out, our boys have a been a lot...uh...easier to deal with... so far... so this is a good thing.

Now, if only we could agree on Boy names.

And no, Bertha will have no say in naming the baby. She votes for Yugert Bilth. Ugh!

5 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Sorry for the trend to break but so exciting to know for sure.

    I can see you being the hero and taking someone down. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing how accurate your dreams are and that they are so very specific.

    And congrats on the boy news! So far I've only done one different gender birth, so I hardly knew what to do when I had to try out a new gender of clothes! But I sure do love to watch my boys so close in age be such great friends. I think that will add a lovely dynamic to your family. Very exciting. Thanks for sharing! And I hope your nightmares stop now...

    Benny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on another boy! I kind of like boys ... maybe you could tell by the make-up of my family? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That name that Bertha likes sounds like GILBERT BLITHE, mabye she is onto something after all- Miss Anne of Green Gables...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to catch up with you and I've seen you several times!! Congratulations! No matter what gender this baby is, all I know is that this is a VERY LUCKY baby to have you and Sam and his parents. What a wonderful family you have! Thank you for always being a great example to me. I wish I could have 5! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete